Not really sure if this is batch number 10 or not – but let’s say it is. Batch 09 was daikon, but I forgot to add salt and it turned to mush – not good.
1 small, small napa cabbage
1/3 C red peper flakes
1/3 C sugar
1 TB salt
1 tsp salted shrimp
2.5 inches ginger, grated
2 TB garlic, minced
1 bunch green onions, chopped
3 carrots, julienne
1. chopped napa cabbage and daikon into 1″ pieces and soaked in 1tsp salt + cool water overnight.
2. drained water + rinsed veggies
3. mix red pepper flakes with a little bit of hot water to make a paste. then mix everything from second ingredient list to make a sorta paste.
4. taste the paste, see if it’s too hot, too salty, etc. & fix. mix in napa/daikon and make sure it’s all covered.
5. pack tightly into jars.
6. check everyday, push kimchi down in jar to make sure everything is submerged in “brine.” also, taste test daily until satisfied, then put in the fridge to slow fermentation. i usually leave kimchi out for 3 days and then move to the fridge.