The age old problem of too many cucumbers. Oh, you’re not familiar with that one? I didn’t even grow cukes this year, I took the lazy gardener approach and only did onions & garlic. But, my friends grew cukes & they had like a million. So, here’s one thing you can do with them.
5 cucumbers – cut into 1” pieces, seeded
1 babiest white onion (from garden)
1Tb red pepper flakes
1.5 tsp salt
1.5 tsp heaping garlic, minced
1″ piece of ginger root, grated
01. Cut cucumbers into 1″ chunks
02. Mix in: red pepper flakes, crushed garlic & ginger, sliced onions, and salt to taste (if not enough salt, cukes get mushy)
03. After all mixed together, add more ingredients to taste (usually more salt)
04. Let it sit at room temperature to marinade – till some juices come out
05. Put in a container & store in fridge.