Pa = green onion
Jeon = pancake
I want this all the time. It is possibly the best mode for eating this much green onion at once. Margo & I cooked these up at our April brunch-luck. Tweaked the recipe to be gluten free, using just rice flour. Recipe behind the cut. Enjoy!
.GF pancake recipe.
1C Rice Flour
1T Sesame Seed Oil
1 to 3/4C of Water (batter shouldn’t be too thick, so just add water until you think it’s just right)
1 Bunch green onions
1 Sliced red chili
1/3C Soy Sauce
1 T chopped green onions
Red and green chili peppers sliced
1. Mix a pancake ingredients in a bowl. I lightly whisk with a fork, but don’t mind the lumps. Batter should be the consistency of watery pancake mix.
2. Mix all dipping sauce ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Heat up a skillet with some sesame oil to about medium heat. Once up to temperature, place green onions and peppers in skillet. Let the veggies cook for a minute or two.
4. Once veggies have cooked, pour batter on top & use spatula to shape into a square. Or you can be lazy like me & just let it become the shape of the skillet/round. Cook for a few minutes, until brown, & then flip. Note, rice flour as the base of the batter is a bit more crumbly than wheat based flour. No big thing if some edges break off.
5. Plate, dip or pour on sauce, eat!
Bap Story: Also, I love this blog. It’s a great resource for cooking Korean food at home. I do wish they’d bring it back/update or maybe write a cookbook …